...often go awry. ~Robert Burns
But here's to hoping this one doesn't!
The Plan (for the second half of the summer)
- Detail process of star isolating technique
- Make final call on classification cut-off
- Separating further with aperture magnitudes:
Flux ratios and plots
- Look at the spatial distribution and cmds of the stars
- Pursue analysis or proceed with this work on a new data set
Monday was very productive, in addition to talking over this with Beth. I sat down with her first thing in the morning and got through the two bugs left in my Error code. Two rather simple things, so I got started full-bore making lovely error plots for the rest of the day. I made magnitude error and color error plots with the median lines, in both N and S, for all objects and just for the "star" objects (as determined by class ge 0.7). I even made four corresponding nifty little plots showing just the median lines, in different colors, to compare them on a single set of axis. In the process I learned how to use "legend" to add a key to my graph. Beautiful.
Next: Get started on that "best catalogue of stars."